Cervical spondylosis is also known as degenerative osteoarthritis, cervical osteoarthritis, or arthritis of the neck. This is a medical condition that results in the degeneration of the discs, vertebrae, and ligaments in the neck or cervical spine as it progresses. When this happens the bone in the vertebrae tries repairing itself, resulting in an abnormal overgrowth of the bone spurs. This also causes the spinal canal in the neck to become narrow. Additionally, as you age, the discs between the between vertebrae that provide cushioning to protect the spinal cord also degenerates. All these changes cause dysfunction in the neck area and result in cervical spondylosis. Because the tissue is damaged at this stage, it is more susceptible to injury. People who are born with a narrow spinal canal may have more severe compression due to spondylosis. The cervical segment is particularly sensitive to injuries and pain and requires special care due to its delicate construction. Therefore, cervical spondylosis treatment is advisable as soon as the symptoms are visible to prevent further complications. You could opt for spondylosis home treatment if your condition is mild, otherwise, you should seek professional medical advice for pain relief and management.
- Help quickly relieve pain
- Help you maintain and increase your neck & joint mobility
- Enhance your joint flexibility
- Introduce you to new ways of managing pain
- Strengthen your neck & spine muscles so that they better support your spine
- Prevent further degeneration of disc, bones and muscles
- Stretch muscles that may be increasing nerve compression in the neck
- Relax your body and prevent frequent episodes of pain or inflammation
- Loosen stiff joints and muscles
- Decrease your dependence on pain killers and muscle relaxants
The main aim of cervical spondylolysis physiotherapy is to keep you active and develop an exercise routine that incorporates elements like the range of motion exercise, strength work and cardio. Doing so can empower you to take better care of your neck and spine, improve your posture, prevent any relapse of pain and lead a healthy life.
HEALTHCARE atHOME SERVICES
Share your details for our expert to touch base with you