If stats are to be believed, one in ten people is diagnosed with a hernia in their lifetime. While the usual treatment procedure involves operation and a recovery period of six to eight weeks, but what if the patient does not wish to undergo surgery? Hernia treatment without surgery is a possibility! Yes, it’s true. Listed below are the ways in which one can skip the hassle and the pain of undergoing a surgical process and opt for hernia treatment without surgery albeit in the most natural way possible.
Cause of inguinal hernia:
An inguinal hernia is caused when a lower part of the intestine breaks through the abdominal wall. This could be the result of a pre-existing weak spot in the abdominal wall or due to putting excessive pressure on it by way of lifting heavy objects, chronic coughing, strenuous activity, constipation or strain. An inguinal hernia may not necessarily be life-threatening or dangerous but if not treated in time; it can lead to complications in the future.
|Must Know Facts About Hernia
– There are more than one type of hernia
– Hernia impact both men & women but is more common among males
– The more severe the hernia, the more serious the complications arising out of it can be
– A thing as simple as lifting heavy objects can cause a hernia
– Surgery is not the only way to repair or recover from a hernia
Prevention & inguinal hernia treatment without surgery:
You can’t prevent the congenital effects that may make you susceptible to an inguinal hernia but you can for sure work towards reducing the strain on your abdominal muscles thereby increasing your chances of hernia treatment without surgery or through any other complicated method.
- Maintain a healthy weight:A medley of exercises and yoga postures can aid in strengthening your weak abdominal muscles and ensure a steady supply of oxygenated blood to the body and thus preventing the displacement of abdominal organs. But make sure not to indulge in heavy exercises or weight lifting as it can disturb the hernia and cause pain. Regular practice of yoga poses like tree pose, single leg raise with movement, and leg crossing can prove beneficial in taking any pressure off the abdominal opening thereby making the inguinal hernia treatment without surgery a possibility.
- Eat a fiber-rich diet:When it comes to food, quality and quantity are two sides of the same coin. If you are suffering from a hernia, eating quality rich food but in smaller quantity is the mantra you should follow. If you have constipation, changing your diet and including high nutritional foods like fresh vegetables (carrots, leafy greens, green beans, peas, and sweet potatoes), non-citrusy fruits (apples, pears, papaya, and melons), whole grains, nuts and seeds like almonds and chia seeds, yogurt, and lean proteins among others is a good way to enable hernia treatment without surgery. In addition to this, drink plenty of water and fresh juices made with aloe vera, carrot and cabbage to avoid incidents of acid reflux and heartburn.
- Icing: Inflammation, swelling, redness, pain in the abdomen or groin are some of the common symptoms of inguinal hernia. In such a case of pain, you can always apply an ice pack directly on the affected area for immediate pain relief, and reduction of contraction, bloating and inflammation.
- Wear hernia belts & trusses: Both belt and trusses are useful in preventing the hernia from moving. They wok like binders and ensure that the hernia remains intact in the abdominal wall. However, these should not be considered a long-term solution to the problem. If the pain persists and becomes unbearable despite wearing a hernia belt, you must see your doctor.
- Ginger root: To alleviate the pain in the abdomen and stopping a gastric buildup in the stomach and esophagus, ginger rootcan be used as an effective natural remedy. You can either add it to your tea or boil it with water and sip the concoction through the day to provide relief for your stomach as well as boost your health at the same time.
Our recommendation: Before trying these natural remedies for hernia treatment without surgery, talk to your doctor to know about the ideal treatment best suited for your condition. In case you are looking for outcome-based treatment by a highly qualified and trained team of home doctors, physiotherapists, and other nursing staff for hernia or any other condition like neck pain, back pain, knee pain, or post-surgery rehabilitation, you can call and speak with an HCAH expert on 1800-102-4224 (toll-free).